1915 is a venue unlike any other. An iconic heritage listed building, the century-old boiler house has been lovingly restored as a restaurant, bar and events space which will bring “wow-factor” to your next gathering, of any size.
Just under one hour by rail or road from Melbourne CBD, and 900m from the new Spirit of Tasmania Quay, 1915 is one of the largest venues for hire in Geelong and surrounds and is as versatile as it is unique. Our scene is set inside an inspiring conversion of a historic boiler house, under the smokestack within the iconic Federal Mills. The space has been renovated with modern amenities alongside the exposed brick. industrial features and an impressively high vaulted ceiling. An iconic window facade is the centerpiece for our split-level space with a ground floor and mezzanine. With the kitchen on the ground floor, dedicated wine room and cocktail bars on both levels, we can host around 500 of your best across 900sqm of space. We have a separate private event space, which still houses the original power switch board, and a wine lounge in our adjacent building. When the sun is shining, we can also offer our alfresco beer garden and North-facing roof deck as a point of difference. All of these areas are available separately, or together.
Our kitchen is led by Head Chef Andy Symeonakis (Winner 2022 Golden Plate Best Chef) and serves a variety of dishes built upon fresh, locally-sourced seasonal ingredients.
The entire 1915 team proudly offers exceptional flexibility with regards to curating your perfect event. We look forward to creating something memorable for you.
- Six-minute drive from Geelong CBD
- 50 minutes from Melbourne
- 700m from the new Spirit of Tasmania terminal
Come find us beneath the historic North Geelong smokestack, within a century-old brick boiler house at the heart of the re-invented Federal Mills precinct.
- Dedicated event management team
- Multiple flexible space options
- Collaborative menu planning with award-winning Chef
- Indoor / Outdoor space options
- High quality, locally-sourced produce
- In-house sommelier and feature wine room
- Over 400 free on-site car parks
- Less than one hour to Melbourne
- 900m from Spirit of Tasmania Quay
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- In house audio visual equipment
- Disabled access