Boutique boat tour, celebrating the famous Portarlington Mussels, alongside a curated list of Bellarine Produce.
Our intimate group mussel tours give you a front row seat to the mussel farming process from the comfort of our fully refurbished 40-year-old Huon Pine vessel.
Explore, taste and sip, while cruising on the glistening waters of Port Philip Bay, surrounded by sights of the You Yangs, the Melbourne city skyline and more.
Sip on a local Bellarine wine, beer or cider and learn about the various stages of mussel farming from our fourth-generation mussel farmer. Touch the mussel ropes as they’re pulled from the water and get a front row seat to the whole process of spat to plate.
Cooking demonstrations and tastings will introduce you to delicious mussel recipes that you can savour alongside premium local produce. With a small number of participants and a spacious vessel, there’ll always be a quiet spot to relax on the decks or the saloon if you simply want to chill out.
Our focus is your ultimate enjoyment. You’ll walk away with a new appreciation of the humble mussel, a deep understanding of sustainable aquaculture, and lasting memories of a great day on the bay. If you happen to spy a few dolphins or make some new friends, then that’s an added bonus!
There are 2 indoor spaces to utilise:
- The saloon: Where drinks and nibbles are served and where to watch the cooking demonstrations
- The wheelhouse: Sitting up the front of the boat with the skipper. With access to chaat with him and watch how the vessel is operated.
There are 2 outdoor spaces to enjoy:
- The Back Deck. With seating for 8 and standing room
- The Front Deck with seating for 4 and standing room
Harding St. Portarlington Pier
Portarlington, Victoria, Australia
- The only Mussel Tour in Australia
- Intimate setting with 4th generational mussel farmer
- Hands on experience, including cooking demonstrations
- Bellarine produce and wines to enjoy on the tour
- Boutique boating experience with easy access from Melbourne via the ferry